A Step-by-Step Guide to Printing MTG Proxies
Magic: The Gathering (MTG) is a game that thrives on its vast collection of cards, some of which are rare and expensive. For many enthusiasts, proxies are a way to enjoy these cards without the hefty price tag. This guide will walk you through using the MTG Proxies website to create and print high-quality proxies for your decks.
Step 1: Selecting Your Cards
- Navigate to the Search page.
- Use the search function to find the specific cards you need. You can search by card name or browse by set.
- Once you find a card, add it to your print list.
Step 2: Reviewing Your Print List
- Open the Print List by clicking the button in the top right corner of the page.
- Check your print list for any duplicates or missing cards.
- Select whether you'd like padding or if you'd like to change the size of the paper you're printing on.
Step 3: Printing Your Proxies
- For the best results, use cardstock or heavy-weight paper.
- Set your printer to high quality or photo settings to ensure crisp images.
- Always do a test print on regular paper to check alignment and color accuracy.
- Once satisfied with the test print, print your proxies on your chosen paper.
Step 4: Cutting and Sleeving
- Use a sharp pair of scissors or a paper cutter for precision.
- For a more authentic feel, sleeve your proxies. Use a basic land or a common card behind the proxy in the sleeve for rigidity.
Step 5: Personalizing Your Proxies
- If you're artistically inclined, consider designing custom backs for your proxies.
- You can also personalize the front of the proxies with alterations, but ensure these are distinguishable from real cards to avoid confusion.
Proxies are a fantastic way to experience MTG without the financial burden of rare cards. By following this guide, you can create high-quality proxies that enrich your gaming experience. Remember, the use of proxies is for casual play and should always be done with respect to the game and its community. Enjoy building and playing with your new proxy deck!